The Ohio Mental Health Counselors Association (OMHCA) provides professional information, education, training, and advocacy for Mental Health Counselors in Ohio. OMHCA is a vital and effective organization in advocating for the provision of a broad range of services to meet the mental health counseling needs of consumers in the Commonwealth.
OMHCA is a state chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
- To Provide a system of information exchange for Mental Health Counselors through a website
- To provide professional development training that maintains the high standards of the profession
- To provide a forum that enables counselors to address the needs of their clients
- To provide an alliance with mental health clinicians in various work settings through a coalition of mental health professions
- To promote licensing and certification for mental health counselors nationally and to support the Ohio licensing standards
- To support legislation and programs favorable to mental health counseling and better health care
- To support the efforts of Mental Health Counselors to provide services attendant to their expertise in the marketplace
- To promote and advance the profession of mental health counseling
- Website with quarterly news updates
- Professional Development Workshops for Continuing Education Credit
- Professional Development Workshops facilitating the Licensure Process
- Annual Meeting at the All Ohio Counselors Conference
- Public Policy and Legislative Initiatives
- Advocacy for the Mental Health Counseling Profession
© 2011, Ohio Mental Health Counselor's Association.